Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wychwood Brewing Company Ltd - Hobgoblin

I first had this beer in college, when a group of us went across from Johnson City, TN to Boone, NC to get good beer that wasn't available to us in Tennessee. I don't think I appreciated the beer near as much as I should have back then, but it was a cool bottle. This time around I was able to really sip, enjoy and finally review it. Here is what I came up with.

Pours a deep, dark brown/ruby almost black, clear color. One finger of sligtly off-white head that dissipates quickly to a thin crown. Smell is bananas, raisins, sweet malts. Taste is similar to the smell though not quite as bold, a little bit spicier. Light carbonation, with a dry finish, little aftertaste. Drinkable for sure, sweetness is not over powering, very balanced and full flavored.

Rating: Better

ABV: 5.2%

No comments:

Post a Comment